February16, 2012 by Shannalee in Solar Living
- Eco Homes from Southern Crafted Homes: Florida home builder Southern Crafted Homes is building green residences throughout the Tampa Bay area. These eco-friendly homes “are built to last, provide a healthy living environment, and increase energy efficiency, which saves the homeowner money, said Jim Deitch, chief operating officer for Southern Crafted Homes.
- Jessica Alba’s Honest Company: Actress Jessica Alba recently launched The Honest Co., a line of eco-friendly baby products, in response to the prevalence of chemicals she saw in many children’s items. “There are a lot of toxic chemicals in baby products, and these toxic chemicals are linked to not just allergies and asthma, but also autism and ADHD and lots of childhood cancers, and I was horrified that products that were made for babies and children would have these toxic chemicals,” Alba said.
- Eco Makeover for Radisson: A South Dakota Radisson Hotel is undergoing a complete “sexy eco-luxury” makeover, says Atmosphere Hospitality owner Adrienne Pumphrey, where everything, from top to bottom, is being updated to benefit the environment. Now called Adoba Eco Hotel, the facility will soon include a restaurant menu with organic and sustainable ingredients, eco-friendly bedding, improved energy use practices and more.
- Blister Packaging at Versatile Packers: Florida contract packaging company Versatile Packagers recently added a new machine to its facilities that will enable it to offer “an eco-friendly substitute to the normal clam shell plastic packaging solution, which is very hard to open,” says Cameron Chai of Azom.com. Through blister packaging, Versatile hopes to provide more packaging benefits to customers, as well as reduced plastic usage, reduced packing time and reduced costs.
- ADzero’s Bamboo-Bound Smartphone: Originating from a concept design from a Middlesex University student named Kieron-Scott Woodhouse, the ADzero is a green smartphone made from four-year-old bamboo, a raw and sustainable material that’s biodegradable. Half the weight of an iPhone and complete with a flash-enabled camera, this phone is set to launch between the end of this year and the beginning of 2013.